Rights & Warranties
Following are product warranties for current KI products. You may also view warranties for discontinued KI products.
Please note: The following KI product warranty applies to products manufactured on or after November 1, 2019 and manufactured and/or distributed from a KI manufacturing site. This warranty is given to the initial purchaser and is valid for as long as the initial purchaser owns the product. The warranty, which runs from the date of manufacture, covers defects in materials and craftsmanship found during normal usage of the products during the warranty period. If a product is defective, and if written notice of the defect is given to KI within the applicable warranty period, KI at its option will either repair or replace the defective product with a comparable component or product, or provide a refund of the purchase price. KI reserves the right to determine labor method used during replacement of product. The Lifetime Warranty applies regardless of the number of shifts the product is used each day, unless specified as an exception. All non-lifetime product warranties are a single 8 hour shift per day unless otherwise noted. KI products are not intended or warranted for outdoor use unless specifically stated for outdoor use.
For your convenience, download our PDF of Terms, Conditions, Rights, Warranties.
|Butcher Block Wood||15 years|
|Fabrics (includes all Woven, Polyurethane, Vinyl and Leather) -
KI In-Grades and Pallas Textiles (excluding those below)
|Laminate HPL - high pressure laminate (excluding markerboard)||15 years|
|Laminate LPL - low pressure laminate||5 years|
|Markerboard Laminate||3 years|
|Pallas Haven and Pallas Juggernaut||5 years|
|Phenolic Resin||15 years|
|Seamless Surface Membrane Press||15 years|
|Sure-Chek Moisture Barrier||3 years|
|Cable Management - Vertical Cable Manager||15 years|
|CPU Holders||15 years|
|Electrical Components (4-Port, Activ8, Ashley Duo,
Hiatus USB/120V, Isle Power Tower, PowerUp, Qi,
Undermount R8, USB Charger, Villa, WiggleRoom Dean® Qi and Byrne Interlink® System)
|Flat Screen Monitor Arms||15 years|
|Glides (excluding Felt)||15 years|
|Glides - Felt||1 year|
|Keyboard Mechanisms||5 years|
|Pneumatic Cylinder (except Cafeteria at 5 years)||12 years|
|Ruckus Totes and Tote Rails||5 years|
|Tablet Arm||15 years|
|Universal Screens||10 years|
|Worksurface Embedded Storage (Flat Screen Garage, Smart Lift)||5 years|
|CafeWay (except pneumatic)||15 years|
|Uniframe (except pneumatic)||15 years|
|Uniframe Tops with "Perfect Edge"||Lifetime|
|Pneumatic for CafeWay and Uniframe||5 years|
|Aristotle (excludes laminate)||Lifetime|
|Aristotle Laminate - LPL - low pressure laminate||5 years|
|Dante (excludes laminate)||Lifetime|
|Dante Laminate - HPL - high pressure laminate||15 years|
|700 Series Desk||Lifetime|
|Intellect Wave||15 years|
|Caddies - Seating||15 years|
|Caddies - Tables||15 years|
|(Storage warranties exclude drawer slides at 15 years)|
|Drawer Slides||15 years|
|700 Series Files and Storage||Lifetime|
|Connection Zone Storage||Lifetime|
|Ruckus Storage||15 years|
|Folding Chairs||5 years|
|Banquet Tables - Emissary, Heritage, Premier||5 years|
|Fixed Leg Table - Oxford||5 years|
|Connection Zone Mobile Screen||5 years|
|All Other Markerboards||5 years|
|Affina Bariatric Chair||Lifetime|
|Affina Glider (excludes glider mechanism)||Lifetime|
|Affina Hip Chair||15 years|
|Affina Patient Chairs||Lifetime|
|Affina Recliner (excludes central locking caster mechanism, recliner mechanism, heat/massage and USB components)||Lifetime*|
|Affina Sleepers (excludes sleeper mechanism)||Lifetime|
|Hiatus Sleeper Bench (excludes sleeper mechanism)||Lifetime|
|Hiatus Seamless Surface Components||5 years|
|LaResta Daybed (excludes daybed mechanism)||Lifetime|
|Perth Bariatric Chair||Lifetime|
|Perth Glider (excludes glider mechanism)||Lifetime|
|Perth Patient Chairs||Lifetime|
|Perth Recliner (excludes central locking caster mechanism, recliner mechanism, heat/massage and USB components)||Lifetime*|
|Perth Sleepers (excludes sleeper mechanism)||Lifetime|
|Rose Patient Chairs||15 years|
|Soltice Bariatric Chair||Lifetime|
|Soltice Metal Bariatric Chair||Lifetime|
|Soltice Glider (excludes glider mechanism)||Lifetime|
|Soltice Patient Chairs||Lifetime|
|Soltice Metal Patient Chairs||Lifetime|
|Soltice Recliner (excludes central locking caster mechanism, recliner mechanism, heat/massage and USB components)||Lifetime*|
|Soltice Sleeper (excludes sleeper mechanism)||Lifetime|
|Glider Mechanism||10 years|
|Recliner Central Locking Caster Mechanisms||5 years|
|Recliner Mechanism||10 years|
|Recliner Heat/Massage and USB Components||2 years|
|Sleeper and Daybed Mechanisms||5 years|
|WiggleRoom Pod (excludes ceiling light, occupancy indicator LED light bulb, dimmer switch, fans, carpet, door closer mechanism and motion sensor)||10 years|
|WiggleRoom Stool||10 years|
|Ceiling light, occupancy indicator LED light bulb, dimmer switch, fans, carpet, door closer mechanism and motion sensor||1 year|
|600 Series||15 years|
|800 Series||15 years|
|Affina Guest Chair||Lifetime|
|Affina Lounge Seating||Lifetime|
|Affina Multiple Seating||Lifetime|
|Altus (24/7 usage)||15 years|
|Apply Stack||15 years|
|Apply Task||15 years|
|Bantam Guest Chair||Lifetime|
|Connection Zone Privacy Booth||Lifetime|
|Concerto Auditorium Seating||15 years|
|Doni Guest||15 years|
|Doni Stack||15 years|
|Doni Tandem||15 years|
|Doni Task||15 years|
|Extol Auditorium Seating||15 years|
|FourC (24/7 usage)||15 years|
|Grazie Stack||15 years|
|Grazie Tandem||15 years|
|Grazie Task||15 years|
|Impress Guest||15 years|
|Impress Task||15 years|
|Impress Ultra||15 years|
|Impress Ultra Guest||15 years|
|Intellect Wave Classroom Seating||15 years|
|Intellect Wave Task||15 years|
|Ivy League Classroom Seating||15 years|
|Ivy League Stools||15 years|
|Jury Base||15 years|
|Kurv Bench||15 years|
|Lancaster Auditorium Seating||15 years|
|Learn2 Classroom Seating||15 years|
|Medical and Laboratory Stools||15 years|
|Neena Bench||15 years|
|Oath Task||15 years|
|Perth Guest Seating||Lifetime|
|Perth Multiple Seating||Lifetime|
|Pilot (24/7 usage)||15 years|
|Promenade - indoor||15 years|
|Promenade - outdoor||3 years|
|Ruckus Classroom Seating||15 years|
|Ruckus Stack||15 years|
|Ruckus Task Chair||15 years|
|Seminar Tables||15 years|
|Sequence HD||15 years|
|Sift Guest||15 years|
|Sift Task||15 years|
|Single Pedestal||15 years|
|Soltice Metal Guest||Lifetime|
|Soltice Metal Lounge||Lifetime|
|Soltice Multiple Seating||Lifetime|
|Soltice Metal Multiple Seating||Lifetime|
|Strive Stack||15 years|
|Strive Tandem||15 years|
|Strive Task||15 years|
|Torsion Stack||15 years|
|Torsion Tandem||15 years|
|Torsion Task||15 years|
|Torsion Air Stack||15 years|
|Torsion Air Task||15 years|
|Torsion on the Go!||15 years|
|Versa - standard, conference||15 years|
|Versa XL||15 years|
|Voyant Conference and Task||15 years|
|Voz (non-stacking)||15 years|
|Flatscreen Garage (excludes worksurface embedded storage)||Lifetime|
|Genesis - Fixed||Lifetime|
|Genesis - Height Adjustable||5 years|
|Intellect Activity Table||Lifetime|
|Ruckus Activity Table||15 years|
|Ruckus Worktable||15 years|
|Smart Lift (excludes worksurface embedded storage)||Lifetime|
|Toggle - Fixed||Lifetime|
|Toggle - Height Adjustable||10 years|
|WorkUp - Fixed||Lifetime|
|WorkUp - Height Adjustable||5 years|
This warranty does not cover:
- Failure resulting from normal wear and tear which is to be expected over the course of ownership, including but not limited to: scratching, natural variations/movement of butcher block wood tops, bowing/cupping of butcher block tops due to environmental conditions during transit and/or at site, or ghosting on markerboard surfaces.
- Any misuse, abuse or modification of the original product voids the warranty.
- Damage caused by carrier.
- Products that are exposed to extreme environmental conditions or that have been subject to improper storage.
- Alterations to product not expressly authorized by KI, nor to products considered to be of a consumable nature such as bulbs, light ballasts, and surge suppression products.
- Replacement parts are covered for two years or the balance of the original warranty, whichever is longer.
- Failure to apply, install, reconfigure, or maintain products according to published KI planning, assembly, cleaning instructions, or user guides.
- Customer's Own Material (i.e., material supplied by the Customer or procured by KI on behalf of the client that is not a standard KI product offering) used in the manufacture of KI products.
- Natural variations in wood grain; changes in surface finishes, including colorfastness, due to aging or exposure to light; matching of color, grain or texture, except to within commercially acceptable standards.
- Wrinkles, marks or scars occurring naturally in leather.
- Discoloration or deterioration of all surface materials due to soiling, stains, dye transfer from clothing (including denim) or
cleaning agents (refer to KI’s Care & Maintenance Instruction documents).
- Fabric properties including, but not limited to aging, colorfastness, shade variations, pilling, puddling/wrinkling or abrasions of textiles.
- Warranties and exceptions listed in the Accessories / Components section will apply to all applicable product warranties.
- Modified (non-standard) product has a one year warranty, unless the change is only cosmetic. If the product is modified due to a cosmetic change, the warranty is the same as the "base" product.
- Third Party Supplied Product (KI shall pass along any warranty it receives with respect to other manufacturer's products).
- Modification to U.L. Listed products eliminates the listing.
- KI reserves the right to request that product be returned for inspection prior to granting a remedy.
- KI will not be liable for consequential, economic (including loss of time or inconvenience), or incidental damages arising from any product defect.
- International Warranties may differ.
Except as stated above, KI makes no express or implied warranties as to any product and in particular makes no warranty of fitness for any particular use. At KI's option, product repair, replacement, or refund of purchase price is the customer's exclusive remedy for any and all product defects.