Balance Overhead Storage
Features & Highlights
- No need to stand to operate; simply reach up and open using either the upper or lower door
- Easily accommodates A4 and foolscap binders
- Comes with a lifetime warranty on all moving parts
- Compatible with all KI product lines
- Spring-assisted mechanism ensures silent, smooth operation and compliance with the ADA
- Cabinet is available in all KI powdercoat colors
- Door is available in the five KI core colors, high-pressure laminate, vertical surface fabrics or translucent
- Overhead cabinet comes in widths of 30", 36", 42", 48", 54", 60", 66" and 72"
- Shelf depth is 13-1/2"
- End panels are 17" high and 16-1/2" deep
- A center lock mechanism is utilized between the upper and lower doors for security
- Overhead cabinet doors can be effortlessly operated from either a seated or standing position through the use of the upper door or lower door
- Includes separate mounting brackets that allow for assembly to panels or desk systems
- Available with task lights suspended from the underside of the cabinet
- Offered with a powdercoated 14-gauge bracket to attach a tool rail or tackboard to the underside of the overhead
With Balance overhead storage, you don't need to stand to operate. Simply reach up and open using either the upper or lower door - both swing open simultaneously and stay balanced at any point. A Balance overhead storage mounted to a 66"-high panel opens and closes with a reach of 49", making it wheelchair accessible for a side reach. A 48"-high front reach can be achieved by lowering the overhead 1" on the panel. Both measurements meet ADA 4.2.5 and 4.2.6.To comply with ADA 4.27.4, the lower door of a Balance overhead was designed for operation with a closed fist or a hook. It requires only about two foot-pounds of force to open and close, which is less than half the ADA maximum guideline of five foot-pounds of force. Balance overhead storage doors open to the outside of the cabinet, which helps prevent the storage of unsightly papers on the top of the cabinet, yet there is a narrow space at the rear of the cabinet to display plants or other small items. The cabinet also accommodates both A4 and foolscap binders. Choose from a wide variety of color combinations to create the look you desire. The overhead cabinet is available in all KI powdercoated paint colors. The door is available in the five KI core colors, high-pressure laminates and vertical surface fabrics. Or, go translucent for a contemporary look. Balance overhead storage is compatible with all KI product lines and come with a lifetime warranty on all moving parts.