Reinforce Devotion Through Branding
The golden arches, a tiny fighting leprechaun, the swoosh … everyone can spot these iconic logos from a mile away, but what goes into that brand recognition? It certainly didn’t happen overnight and its success goes far beyond a logo. In order for organizational branding to be successful it must be purposeful and strategic. A winning brand creates advocates both internally and externally. Employees come to work every day understanding the company’s vision while customers experience first-hand that vision coming to life. This cohesiveness is achieved through corporate culture, ritualization, consistent messaging and a shared passion for the service being delivered.
How would you define your organization’s brand? Are employees and customers speaking the same language? Branding can take many forms. One area where companies have the opportunity to drive home brand messaging is within employees’ physical work environments.
Workplace Strategies for Corporate Branding
Corporate branding may be manifested physically through corporate colors, patterns, structural elements and office furniture solutions in the workplace. Visually connect the dots between core values by creating inspiring workspaces that easily convey why employees come to work every day.
Here are several considerations when incorporating brand elements into the workplace:
- Utilize key corporate colors and textures throughout the workplace to promote brand character.
- Provide office solutions that correspond with organizational goals. If health and wellness is part of the corporate culture, offer sit-stand solutions so that workers can move throughout the workday.
- If sustainability is important, use furniture solutions or architectural walls that are constructed of recycled materials, reducing environmental impact.
- Get creative and display cultural statements or a mission clearly for all to see. This can be done graphically on movable walls.
- Solicit employee feedback and provide personalized solutions that are not only functional but also make employees more comfortable and ultimately more productive.
View the video below for more information on personalizing employee workspaces.