Part of being a good environmental steward is complying with environmental guidelines, ordinances and laws.
- ISO 9001 — KI implemented a Quality Management System for all its manufacturing plants and related corporate functions. These systems were audited and certified by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). KI is among an elite group of United States manufacturers who have acquired ISO 9001 certification. From an environmental standpoint, this certification:
- Ensures KI products are designed and produced with environmental considerations
- Involves all team members in continuous improvement processes, which leads to resource conservation, waste reduction and efficiency
- Encourages continuous environmental improvement
- Supports relationships with suppliers who are also environmental stewards
- CPSIA Compliance — The Consumer Protection Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA), signed into law on August 14, 2008, provides regulations for the testing and certification of certain products. Among items regulated by Section 102 of the Act are school furniture with paint finish. All applicable KI products are tested by a third-party laboratory and certified to comply.
- Ontario Toxics Reduction Act, 2009 — The Toxics Reduction Act, 2009 and Ontario Regulation 455/09 came into force on January 1, 2010. The purpose of this Act is to prevent pollution and protect human health and the environment by reducing the use and creation of toxic substances and to inform Ontarians about toxic substances. KI Canada Corporation, Ontario Toxic Reduction Act, 2019 Public Report was prepared to comply with the regulation requirements. This report will be made available to the Public annually.