KI Showcases New Furniture, Market Expertise at NeoCon East 2011
BALTIMORE - Visitors to KI's redesigned booth (#1957) at NeoCon East 2011 will see how KI's furniture and movable walls work together to create a harmonious blend of furniture and design across multiple markets and applications.
"The KI space represents simplicity and unification of design," said Shawn Green, vice president, design and product marketing, KI. "We're excited to meet with customers, understand their needs, share our expertise and reveal a wide range of products, ideas and technologies that inspire them to create elegant, flexible, functional environments in business, healthcare, government and education markets."
The space features a large breadth of KI furniture, movable walls, and technology solutions in a variety of applications and settings, such as administrative areas, lobbies, collaborative workspaces, conference rooms, classrooms and training centers.
New to NeoCon East
Making headlines at NeoCon East 2011 is a series of new products from KI: Learn2™ Mobile Classroom Furniture, the KI Design Collection™, Torsion Air™, the Itoki™ Collection, Tufted Kurv™ Bench and Soltíce® Collection Enhancements.
Designed for higher education and K-12 environments based on extensive student research, Learn2 Mobile Classroom Furniture is uniquely versatile and mobile, and represents the natural progression of KI's product portfolio of collaborative educational furniture solutions. Whether for individual study, group projects or traditional classrooms, this seat and surface combination personalizes the learning experience.
Learn2 features a universal functionality with a unique non-handed tablet arm, which offers a substantial, user-adjustable writing surface solution that provides unmatched comfort while writing or typing. Dual accessory racks underneath the seat make storage easily accessible from either side.
Also at NeoCon East is the beautiful and exceptionally stylish KI Design Collection. The collection consists of new and existing KI products (Sela Lounge Collection, Lyra Lounge Collection, Arissa Collection, Itoki Collection, Perry Chair and more) in conjunction with licensed products. The collection is responsive to the needs of today's architects and interior designers seeking exceptionally beautiful, functional, and affordable products for virtually any application and environment.
The KI Design Collection features high-end visual aesthetics and breaks free from predictable patterns and perceptions to create new dimensions in livability and lasting impressions. Each piece supports the functionality and purpose that a space demands, but leads with all-out style. View a video about the KI Design Collection here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnfSCqgSAuQ.
Torsion Air seating is the essence of cool, contemporary, conforming comfort. Designed by Giancarlo Piretti, this fresh interpretation of KI's classic Torsion® chair combines a breathable mesh that conforms to a user's back with a patented Torsion flex mechanism.
Torsion Air seating features a lighter visual impression, breathable mesh back and exceptional comfort. This innovative seating collection enables contemporary adaptations in a wide variety of environments.
The Itoki Collection from KI offers fresh, modern forms for virtually any application. Featuring a unique table design and a visually compelling chair, the Itoki Collection balances the performance requirements of the traditional office environment with the visual cues found within residential design. Itoki is easy to plan and specify, works within virtually any setting, including lobbies, private offices, foyers and conference rooms, and offers scale and proportions that are designed to complement.
The new Tufted Kurv Bench by KI offers an elegant minimalist solution to seating, with its versatility and clean architectural style. Its sophistication is created by curves and smooth lines. Ideal for waiting areas, lobbies, and lounge areas, Kurv is available with mixed material construction in the form of upholstery, metal, wood and glass, and features a variety of widths and back types to allow a diverse array of eclectic design possibilities.
The Soltíce Collection is KI's most comprehensive lounge collection. Featuring a new arm design with sweeping angles and modern style, Soltíce further enhances the flexibility and versatility of interior furnishings with distinct sophistication and a simple, natural, human touch.
Without compromising on functional needs, Soltíce enables interior designers to carry a consistent visual signature from a public space to a private room environment. The beauty and practicality of the new design enhancements work wherever enduring style is desired.
The new Amadeus Collection features subtle curves, refined elegance and adaptive options for a variety of conference room needs. Incorporating a range of large-scale tables and credenzas, this collection easily adapts to a broad spectrum of design and space requirements by offering a diverse range of finishes and sizes.
Amadeus features real wood edges and veneer surfaces, and bases that provide an elegant look for highly visible areas. Subtle curves and angles give Amadeus tables the perfect transitional style. Amadeus credenzas are available in two standard heights and allow for a variety of uses.
New collections from Pallas® Textiles, a subsidiary of KI, will also be shown at NeoCon East, including Springtime in Paris and Science Matters.
In addition to new products, KI's space features a series of established furniture designs and technologies for business, healthcare, government and education markets. Highlights include:
• Lyra® Collection: The Lyra Collection represents a fresh, modern interpretation of a classic design that provides a powerful, yet understated visual language to complement virtually any environment. Lyra's simple form and elegance are enhanced through the use of mixed materials, allowing for a dynamic visual range that spans formal and informal settings. Lyra is the ideal form for creating visually compelling yet functional spaces that are as impressive as they are welcoming.
• Strive® Nesting Chair: The Strive Nesting Chair, designed by Giancarlo Piretti, extends the Strive Collection by combining the convenience of a nesting chair with affordable comfort. Strive's versatile, highly mobile nesting chairs are ideal for fast-paced learning and training environments, yet elegant and comfortable enough for conference rooms. The collection's signature flex-back allows for maximum functionality. Strive Nesting Chairs share a
common design within the broad range of the Strive Collection, featuring the same look, comfort and affordability, which simplifies specification for multiple environments.
• Genius® Movable Walls: Revealing a series of aesthetic enhancements, including concealed sliding door components, streamlined panel-to-panel connections and flush connectors, Genius walls establish a clean, seamless look in any environment.
• Sela® Collection: Sela offers comfortable, durable and functional lounge solutions to encourage learning outside the classroom. Sela lounge chairs feature a relaxed posture and spacious size to meet a variety of seating preferences. Sela's residential style creates welcoming environments and features a transitional aesthetic that complements many education interiors.
• Arissa® Collection: KI's Arissa collection is a family of lobby and lounge seating that encompasses sophisticated design within a functional form that comfortably accommodates virtually any body type. The vision of designers Dan Cramer and Paul James was to create a collection that accommodates the needs of larger users while still looking like a standard lounge solution. The end result is a collection that relies on a unique seat geometry that can support up to 750 lbs. yet can accommodate a wide range of users, without appearing oversized or overly delicate.
Follow the NeoCon East action with KI at www.ki.com/twitter and www.ki.com/facebook.
KI manufactures innovative furniture and movable wall system solutions for education, healthcare, government and corporate markets. The employee-owned company is headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., and operates sales offices and manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe and Asia. KI tailors products and service solutions to the specific needs of each customer through its unique design and manufacturing philosophy. For more information, visit www.ki.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION Contact: