KI Shares Insights on Healthcare Solutions, Showcases Award-Winning Furniture at Healthcare Design 2011
NASHVILLE, TENN. - KI healthcare experts and designers will discuss market trends, share insights and showcase new product inspirations at Healthcare Design 2011, booth #605. Making headlines is a series of new products from KI and Pallas Textiles: the Soltíce® Collection Enhancements, Torsion Air™, Kurv Bench, Springtime in Paris Collection and Valetudo Collection.
"Healthcare Design is the perfect opportunity to spotlight our most innovative healthcare solutions that are designed to meet the needs of patients, families and staff," said Debbie Breunig, vice president, healthcare, KI. "We're excited to show attendees firsthand how they can create environments that encourage patient healing, support family involvement and increase staff efficiency."
The Soltíce Collection is KI's most comprehensive lounge collection. Featuring a new "7" arm design with sweeping angles and modern style, Soltíce further enhances the flexibility and versatility of interior furnishings with distinct sophistication and a simple, natural, human touch.
Without compromising on functional needs, Soltíce enables interior designers to carry a consistent visual signature from a public space to a private room environment. The beauty and practicality of the new design enhancements work wherever enduring style is desired.
The Soltíce Collection was designed by Daniel Cramer and Paul James as a residential furniture solution for healthcare applications. The new "seven" wood arm design is highly stylized to provide a more modern and clean design style for healthcare environments.
Torsion Air seating is the essence of cool, contemporary, conforming comfort. Designed by Giancarlo Piretti, this fresh interpretation of KI's classic Torsion® chair combines a breathable mesh that conforms to a user's back with a patented Torsion flex mechanism. It features a lighter visual impression, breathable mesh back and exceptional comfort.
Making its Healthcare Design debut is the new KI Kurv Bench, which offers an elegant minimalist solution to seating, with its versatility and clean architectural style. As part of the KI Design Collection, the Kurv Bench's sophistication is created by curves and smooth lines. Ideal for waiting areas, lobbies and lounge areas, Kurv is available with mixed material construction in the form of upholstery, metal, wood and glass, and features a variety of widths and back types to allow a diverse array of eclectic design possibilities.
The new Springtime in Paris Collection-a collaboration between Janet Hild Design and Pallas Textiles-offers color, texture and pattern that are both whimsical yet elegant, combined with the peace of mind of high-performance attributes.
Each pattern, woven from high-performance and sustainable materials, draws from the lush gardens, busy boulevards and historic architecture of Paris. Warm and welcoming, Springtime in Paris creates an ideal aesthetic for any environment.
Pallas Textiles will also be introducing the Valetudo Collection at Healthcare Design. The privacy curtain collection is inspired by the idea that a healthy lifestyle is a balance of mind, body and environment.
Created by healthcare designers for healthcare projects, Valetudo is part of a family of products that includes the Vivendi flooring collection by Mannington Commercial. Supported by qualitative and quantitative research, the complementary product line focuses on trends in the market.
Taking cues from nature, the patterns in Valetudo-which is Latin for health and wellness-seek to lend themselves as beautiful accents to create a setting that is both inspiring and serene. Valetudo is visually appealing both inside and outside the patient zone, its layering of pattern and color creating depth and visual texture, while Trevira FR polyester provides superior durability and cleanability.
In addition to new products, KI's booth features a series of established furniture designs and technologies healthcare markets. Highlights include:
• Unite®: An integrated, flexible system that works together for all the ways people work, Unite serves as the unifying element that bridges architecture and furniture design. A customizable, flexible solution that can be designed to meet the specific aesthetic and functional needs of a workspace, Unite components include seating, movable walls, and desking.
• Lyra® Collection: The Lyra Collection represents a fresh, modern interpretation of a classic design that provides a powerful, yet understated visual language to complement virtually any environment. Lyra's simple form and elegance are enhanced through the use of mixed materials, allowing for a dynamic visual range that spans formal and informal settings. Lyra is the ideal form for creating visually compelling yet functional spaces that are as impressive as they are welcoming
• Strive® Nesting Chair: The Strive Nesting Chair, designed by Giancarlo Piretti, extends the Strive Collection by combining the convenience of a nesting chair with affordable comfort. Strive's versatile, highly mobile nesting chairs are ideal for fast-paced learning and training environments, yet elegant and comfortable enough for conference rooms. The collection's signature flex-back allows for maximum functionality. Strive Nesting Chairs share a common design within the broad range of the Strive Collection, featuring the same look, comfort, and affordability, which simplifies specification for multiple environments.
• Genius® Movable Walls: Revealing a series of aesthetic enhancements, including concealed sliding door components, streamlined panel-to-panel connections and flush connectors, Genius walls establish a clean, seamless look in any environment.
• Sela® Collection: Sela offers comfortable, durable and functional lounge solutions to encourage learning outside the classroom. Sela lounge chairs feature a relaxed posture and spacious size to meet a variety of seating preferences. Sela's residential style creates welcoming environments and features a transitional aesthetic that complements many education interiors.
• Arissa® Collection: KI's Arissa collection is a family of lobby and lounge seating that encompasses sophisticated design within a functional form that comfortably accommodates virtually any body type. The vision of designers Dan Cramer and Paul James was to create a collection that accommodates the needs of larger users while still looking like a standard lounge solution. The end result is a collection that relies on a unique seat geometry that can support up to 750 pounds yet can accommodate a wide range of users, without appearing oversized or overly delicate
• U-Series® Storage: KI's U-Series storage makes prudent use of space while gaining a wide range of organization opportunities. U-Series is an active and accessible storage collection designed to augment existing KI systems configurations, including WireWorks®. Highly accommodating, the U-Series storage collection delivers more relevant, efficient and economical options for today's modern workplaces.
To learn more about KI's presence and products on display at Healthcare Design, visit www.ki.com. To follow the action of the showroom, visit www.ki.com/facebook or www.ki.com/twitter.
KI manufactures innovative furniture and movable wall system solutions for education, healthcare, government and corporate markets. The employee-owned company is headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., and operates sales offices and manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe and Asia. KI tailors products and service solutions to the specific needs of each customer through its unique design and manufacturing philosophy. For more information, visit www.kihealthcare.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION Contact: